These little bites are petite, but pack a savory punch. I was wanted to make something that I could snack on while mobile. I was inspired by this falafel recipe. So, technically these are just small falafel patties, but hummus bites sound way cuter.
Black Bean Hummus Bites
- 2 Cups of fresh parsley
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of flour*
- Juice of 1 big-ass lemon
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dill
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
* chickpea, brown rice , or wheat all will work fine. For a high protein version I used plain brown rice protein instead.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add parsley and black beans to a blender.
- Pule a few times, all the mixture to still be very chunky.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until mixed. You may need to stop occasionally and scrape some of the mixture off the sides with a spatula.
- Shape into 8 little bite sized patties and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 min, flip, and then bake for another 15-20 min.
Yeah... me and my lunch are pretty cute.